Monday, May 24, 2010

For The Birds . . .

This is a piece that has intrigued me since I first saw it.
I guess it is all those birds.

I have loved birds all my life and often
love to watch the marvelous things they accomplish.

When I come home from work I pass a place
that often gathers water when it rains.

There is a traffic light by this watering
hole.
Many kinds of birds will be
jumping and splashing
into the water and just be
bathing away without
a care in the world.
There could be grackles,
the black kind, or the
popular barn swallows that live
in the bridge which is up ahead.
Whatever kind they are, they are busy
getting clean.

This is the small amount of progress
I have made on it so far.

I discovered while I was going through some
of my WIP that I had kitted this pattern
twice with different threads.
So I took
the one set of DMC and traded them in
for more for a different pattern.

It's a very pretty color of blue fabric and
I am going to use a variegated thread
between the letters and the animals.

Think I will go stitch on it right now.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

God Bless your stitching fingers.
Lenna

2 comments:

  1. Lovely design and I LOVE that fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design! I think it will look great on the fabric you have chosen, it is great.

    ReplyDelete