Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father Christmas

This is one of my favorite cross stitches. It took me a while to finish him cause I put him away to do something else. I get bored rather easily thus many, many, many WIP!!!
He is done on a light Aqua linen with DMC threads, when they were still good, didn't run or fray and a dark suede mat. I framed it in silver that matched the fillet, one of the first I ever made. I didn't take the photo far enough away so you can appreciate the frame just the fillet. I have done many by now but this must have been my second. The first was done on a cat ~ go figure! I love cats and have many cross stitches to prove it.
A fillet is a small frame like piece you put around the inside of the mat or inside the lip of the frame to enhance the picture. It was great fun stitching and framing him and I hope you like looking at him as much as I did stitching him. He came from a Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazine probably in the early 90's. Seems like 93 comes to mind. I'll do some checking.
God Bless ~
Lenna

No comments:

Post a Comment